good mobile arduino how-to tutorial?

Hi all:

I want to run my arduino diecimila from a battery and store data to an SD card. I know these are both really simple tasks, but I'm a noob. Does anyone know of a good how-to guide that could get me started?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

what kind of battery?

I'm totally open to suggestions, actually. The plan is to mount it on a bicycle in general, so I'd even be open to something powered by a wheel, though I assume that would add a capacitor of some kind to the equation.

I'm just hoping to start with something simple, and then move on to more complexity as I get comfortable.

I'm totally open to suggestions, actually. The plan is to mount it on a bicycle in general, so I'd even be open to something powered by a wheel, though I assume that would add a capacitor of some kind to the equation.

That makes it more interesting, I have been considering a bike computer/monitor/GPS receiver Arduino thing for my bike but have not actually done anything on it yet. A project for my impulse purchased 16x2 LCD maybe... Hmm ;)

Regarding power, I have been looking into powering it with my hub dynamo and then having a Ni-Mh backup battery, trickle charged by the dynamo (need to sort out a circuit for this...)

The saving to an SD card is relatively easy but can provide difficulties. I suggest getting one of the SD shields that are out there as they normally have simple example code to get you started.

I look forward to hearing more about this :)

Mowcius