Good Oled wanted

I know There are various OLED screens out there and I have a few cheap ones.

What OLED screen is really ok and works with normal libraries? No offset, good color etc?

I am looking for both portrait (square) and landscape (rectangular).

Any advice?

Little up?

Nobody?

“good” needs to be specified more clearly. Do you need a good performance, a big size, a huge resolution or the number of colors?

Here are some generic statements:
Affordable RGB OLEDs seem to be very small (<= 128x128).
Graylevel OLEDs (for example SSD1322 and SSD1327) have poor performance and library support is limited.
SSD1306 is a standard controller for fast and reliable OLEDs with excellent lib spport. However resolution is limited to 128x64 pixel.

If you search for something beyond a SSD1306, try to google for

• SSD1309 for OLEDs with a bigger size (still resolution is 128x64)
  • SH1107 for OLEDs with better resolution (up to 128x128)

Oliver

Thanks and sorry for not responding sooner.

What I mean by Good is one that is supported by good libraries so I can easily create graphics without having to hack the library or have to work with offsets.

128128 or 12864 is fine as long as I it has a clear image. It only has to display some graphics about RPM, %'s or battery indicator in a graphical way.

A bit like the standard 16x2 lcd but more graphic detail

If a monochrome display is good enough, then maybe try u8g2 (just install it via Arduino IDE Library Manager). Commands/graphics primitives are described here: u8g2reference · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub

U8g2 supports many displays: gallery · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub

U8g2 includes many fonts. No extra includes required, just use the font name with the setFont command: fntgrp · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub

There are also several icon/bitmap fonts included, e.g. fntgrpiconic · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub, fntgrpsiji · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub, fntgrpunifont · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub or fntgrpu8g · olikraus/u8g2 Wiki · GitHub

There are also many examples included and available in the Arduino IDE after installation.

Maybe do this: Get one of those cheap 128x64 SSD1306 Oleds. They usually can be connected directly to any Arduino Board. Then do some tests with some of the available libraries.

Oliver