Good quality opamp for preamp

Hello, I'm looking for a preamp circuit to place after DAC, with volume control and high quality.

Which ICs do you recommend? If you have the full schematics will be very useful!!

thanks!

Please explain, I don't know why a preamp would be placed after a DAC.
What kind of output do you need ?

See the circuits I have in your other thread on drum machine.

Hello, I'm looking for a preamp circuit to place after DAC, with volume control and high quality.

What's the output voltage of the DAC? What DC power is available? What is the desired output frequency range? Do you need filtering to get rid of the DAC steps?

I'll be trying to play audio sampling thru the DAC with arduino, and I need to have line level audio after the preamp.

What is the level of the signal out of the DAC?

I have a UA741 here with a 6840 datecode that should work well. 8^)

For general dudes cheap and reliable half an LM358 or a quarter of LM324 is good enough. I stock those in quantity.

For audiophiles you can go through Analog Device's portfolio of audio grade amps.

Until we find out what the output level is, he may only require a buffer, not an amplifier.

polymorph:
Until we find out what the output level is, he may only require a buffer, not an amplifier.

Line level: 1.228Vrms for pro instrument, 0.316Vrms for consumer instrument.

You need to dual-rail the amps for such low output voltages. And for some DACs, by setting AGND and Vref appropriately you can achieve this without an output preamplifier or buffer.

We still need to know the level of the signal coming out of the DAC.

Quality means what exactly?

Low noise?
High bandwidth?
High current drive?
High open-loop gain?
Rail-to-rail outputs / inputs?
High CMRR?
Low input offset voltage?
High input impedance?
Output short-circuit protected?
Low power consumption?

Its a bit more complex that "high quality".