Got wrong Atmega?

Hi!

I have a project that works perfect for my arduino uno v3. Now i want to move it to breadboard. So i got 2 Atmega328-PU to prog the bootloader in. But the Uno has a 328P-PU and not 328-PU! Can i still use them to first prog the bootloader and transfer my sketch to them?

When will the fix for the Uno regarding useing it as a programmer for bootloding be available?

Thanx.

You can create a boards.txt entry that specifies the atmega328:

bb.name=Arduino on breadboard with ATmega328 (not 328p) bb.upload.protocol=arduino bb.upload.maximum_size=32256 bb.upload.speed=115200 bb.bootloader.low_fuses=0xff bb.bootloader.high_fuses=0xde bb.bootloader.extended_fuses=0x05 bb.bootloader.path=optiboot bb.bootloader.file=optiboot_atmega328.hex bb.bootloader.unlock_bits=0x3F bb.bootloader.lock_bits=0x0F bb.build.mcu=atmega328 bb.build.f_cpu=16000000L bb.build.core=arduino bb.build.variant=standard

Put in /hardware/boards.txt in your sketch directory.

Note: this will install the Arduino UNO bootloader so I think it will claim to be a 328p when you upload. This might cause a Device Signature error if you try to upload to it using the "Arduino on breadboard with ATmega328 (not 328p)" selected. Try selecting the UNO instead.