GPIO pins not working with Arduino Nano Every

Ok so I just bought my first two brand new (Arduino Nano Every)s and uploaded this simple code to both of them:

int dc = 5;
void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
  pinMode(dc, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(dc, HIGH);

}

I then connected a DC motor to Arduino (to pin D5 and to ground pin on Arduino), however nothing happened.
I also checked other GPIO pins (because idk maybe the numbers on arduino are not correctly ordered) - still nothing.
BUT DC motor works if you connect it to 5V or 3.3V or Vin pin (so pins where there is a constant output voltage), but does not work on any other pin. Am I missing something obvious here or is there a problem with both of my Arduinos

Connecting motors DIRECTLY to boards especially 3.3 volt ones is a sure way to start spending money.

Your topic was Moved to it's current location / section as it is more suitable.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

You need a motor driver because the Arduino pins cannot output enough current to drive a motor. I would be surprised if the pin(s) that you connected the motor to still work.

Pololu has a wide selection of DC motor drivers. Choose a driver based on the motor supply voltage and stall current.

But the DC motor does work when I connect it to 3.3V output pin, its a very small motor, however it does not work if I connect it to Dx pin, where x is a number from 1 to 13. The output voltage on this pins is 5V, so it should work, right?

Do you read the responses that you get?

Arduino pins cannot output enough current to drive a motor.

The 3.3V and 5V power supply pins output much more current than an output pin. Output pins current should be kept below 20mA (40mA absolute max).

groundFungus:
The 3.3V and 5V power supply pins output much more current than an output pin. Output pins current should be kept below 20mA (40mA absolute max).

ahh, okay, that I didnt know, thank you

Keep in mind that you may have burned out one or more of the Nano output pins.