GPRS shield as a hotspot

Okay as per the normal I’m new and would like some guidance.

Radio shack is clearancing out their GPRS shields for $19.99 so I grabbed one spur of the moment.
T-moble has free 200mb data plans if you bring in any tablet or GSM device.

So now that I have a neat GPRS shield and a 200 mb data plan, how hard/practical would it be to set it up to use it as a hotspot or modem?

http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/GPRS_Shield_V1.0 only seems to cover sending and receiving text messages.

So now that I have a neat GPRS shield and a 200 mb data plan, how hard/practical would it be to set it up to use it as a hotspot or modem?

It won't work. The GPRS shield from seeedstudio is made for microcontrollers, it's not a GPRS modem for PCs. You cannot forward standard network traffic over it. The only thing you can theoretically do is programming a simple Proxy but that will be incredibly slow because everything is piped through a microcontroller not designed for that purpose.

pylon:
It won't work. The GPRS shield from seeedstudio is made for microcontrollers, it's not a GPRS modem for PCs. You cannot forward standard network traffic over it. The only thing you can theoretically do is programming a simple Proxy but that will be incredibly slow because everything is piped through a microcontroller not designed for that purpose.

That makes sense, thank you.

Plan B was much more fun anyway.