GPRS TCP/IP

Hi,

I am looking to implement TCP/IP stack using a cell phone and a serial conection. Any idea how this would be done or if the phone can do it on hardware as most GPRS shields do? Phone is a Sony Ericsson k608i

What you're trying to do sounds like tethering. I have no idea whether your handset supports it on the interface you're proposing to use.

Kind of. The modem is conected to the arduino via Bluetooth serial. I can send At commands, dial numbers, send messages. But I can not get a GPRS conection.

casemod: I can not get a GPRS conection.

Do you understand GPRS well enough to know the normal sequence of GPRS attach and PDP context activate that you would use to connect? If so, what sequence did you attempt and what was the result? If not, you have some research to do.

No, I am looking for either a program to do that (even if using a single chip for that) or how to activate the TCP stack available on the phone itself. I know java apps make use of this, but no idea if it can be acessed trough the serial port. Same is valid for any modem used with the USB shield. Again, can acess the modem but not the TCP stack.

casemod: No, I am looking for either a program to do that (even if using a single chip for that) or how to activate the TCP stack available on the phone itself.

I expect your phone/modem will provide an extended AT interface. In that case you can use the AT interface to go through the steps needed to activate the PDP context. Look for the data sheet for your modem, or Google 'at gprs' to get a general explanation.

If you want something to do all this for you, you would need to locate an AT client library that encapsulated this logic and covered the features you want to use. I don't know whether that exists for Arduino GPRS using the command set supported by your modem. Ultimately somebody has to write these things, and that somebody might need to be you.