gps information

can anybody help me, what are the information inside the NMEA data? ive attach the picture of the GPS information in my serial monitor. please help me! thanks. :smiley:

gnss information.JPG

ive attach the picture of the GPS information in my serial monitor.

You attached a picture of some text. The text would have consumed about 80 bytes of bandwidth. How many bytes did that stupid picture take?

I am forced to assume that you haven't googled anything, because the answer to your question is readily available. In addition, there are at least two different Arduino libraries that will do the work for you.

Here is a table from my library, NeoGPS. The table identifies which pieces of a GPS "fix" are contained in each type of NMEA sentence.

There are 4 common GPS libraries, and NeoGPS is the smallest and fastest. It parses the sentences into a data structure for you, once per second. The examples are correctly structured and can be modified without breaking (usually :slight_smile: ).

Cheers,
/dev

/dev:
Here is a table from my library, NeoGPS. The table identifies which pieces of a GPS "fix" are contained in each type of NMEA sentence.

There are 4 common GPS libraries, and NeoGPS is the smallest and fastest. It parses the sentences into a data structure for you, once per second. The examples are correctly structured and can be modified without breaking (usually :slight_smile: ).

Cheers,
/dev

Gotta love the "usually" disclaimer :slight_smile:

There's always a footnote on "idiot-proof". :slight_smile: