GPS interfering analog sensor sampling rate

Hello everyone,

I am a university student doing my undergraduate honours’ thesis in Kinesiology, and with little experience with programming. I have had the guidance of some lab-mates with backgrounds in computer science and programming, however, I have not been able to solve this problem:

I want to collect simultaneous data (time, GSR (galvanic skin response - analog), GPS (longitude, latitude, GPS time etc.), and switch ON/OFF. However, it appears as though my GPS is only able to collect at 1Hz, but I need AT LEAST 2 Hz, but 5Hz or 10Hz would be even better for my GSR analog signal. Therefore, if I try to write into my SD card at higher than 1Hz, it prevents me from getting any GPS data. I’ve tried with many different versions of code, but I can’t seem to solve it.

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

I have an Arduino Uno board that is attached to:

Below I have attached my code that limits my data collection to 1Hz even though I tried to individualize collection rates for my GSR and SD card to 1000Hz. The doc. I attached shows that while the GPS has not been found, it collects at around 20Hz, but as soon as the GPS satellites are found, it slows right down to 1Hz.

If this was confusing, I can always attach more files or clarify.

My sincerest thanks in advance,
E.

debug_2.ino (8.47 KB)

my GPS is only able to collect at 1Hz, but I need AT LEAST 2 Hz, but 5Hz or 10Hz

Why do you need more updates per second?