GPS Module Output Error

I have been working in Ardunio and Robokits GPS module. http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_113&products_id=289

and I have connected and used this code to read the GPS information. and I am receiving some txt’s which I am unable to interpret. Refer the attached photo for additional information. Could someone assist/help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot in advance.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
#include <TinyGPS.h>

long lat,lon;

SoftwareSerial gpsSerial(2,3);
TinyGPS gps;

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(4800);
  gpsSerial.begin(4800);
}

void loop(){
    if (gpsSerial.available())
        Serial.write(gpsSerial.read());
}

I have been working with Ardunio and Robokits GPS module. http://robokits.co.in/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_113&products_id=289

and I have connected and used this code to read the GPS information. and I am receiving some txt’s which I am unable to interpret. Refer the attached photo for additional information. Could someone assist/help me in this regard.

Thanks a lot in advance.

#include <TinyGPS.h>

long lat,lon;

TinyGPS gps;

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(4800);
  gpsSerial.begin(4800);
}

void loop(){
}

You have the wrong baud rate selected in the serial monitor. Should be 4800 to match your sketch.

I have tried with all baud rates still the same results appearing on the screen.

try 4800

That data certainly looks like a baud rate mismatch. Perhaps your GPS isn’t running at 4800 baud. Print a message to serial in setup so that you can at least tell that you have the terminal and the arduino hardware port in sync.

Sir, (Wildbill)

I dnt understand " Print a message to serial in setup so that you can at least tell that you have the terminal and the arduino hardware port in sync." Culd u pls explain ?

Like this:

#include <TinyGPS.h>

long lat,lon;

TinyGPS gps;

void setup(){
  Serial.begin(4800);
  gpsSerial.begin(4800);
Serial.println("Hello asatheeshk");
}

void loop(){
}

Until you see the hello message correctly, there’s little point to the rest of the code.

Yes Sir, U r right I didn’t get the Hello msg. Wht appears to be wrng in the code ?

asatheeshk: Yes Sir, U r right I didn't get the Hello msg. Wht appears to be wrng in the code ?

Are you using a real Arduino? Or is it a breadboarded concoction running at some other clock speed? If you set the Serial Monitor speed to match the sketch speed, you should correctly see the hello message, assuming that the Arduino's clock speed IS 16 MHz.

Your sketch sets the serial baud rate to 4800 but your serial monitor is set to 9600. Use:

Serial.begin(9600);

Pete

here is a working example stuffing gps data into variables - http://arduinotronics.blogspot.com/2014/02/arduino-ublox-neo-6m-gps.html

Thanks Steve