GPS module

Hi Arduiners, i want to add a GPS clock Module to my domotic project. Anyone recomends me any tutorial about how to use it? also, anyone recomends me which GPS module i should buy? I want to use the month of the year, day of the week and hour of the day to order an irrigation system.
:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Why a GPS that needs contact with satelites and not a real time clock needing only its backup battory?
I use a NEO-6M GPS for speed but it also gives date and time.

Ok, well i have to chose between learning about one of both and i prefer the GPS one because i see more future in it. Dont you think the same? It have that advantaje of no needing a backup battery.

Greetings and thank u!

Cant think how, on your very minimal description of your project, anyone could recommend a particular GPS, as they should all be able to give you the data and time.

Assuming this is an out of doors clock of course, but you did not say ................

Neo-6M will be as good as any for your needs. Not costly.

If this needs to be robust I would pay attention to the antenna connection. The screwed connection is more secure than the tiny press-fit connection.

John.

Fchoc:
Ok, well i have to chose between learning about one of both and i prefer the GPS one because i see more future in it. Dont you think the same? It have that advantaje of no needing a backup battery.

Greetings and thank u!

A usual life of litium bsckup battory is 10 years.....

Where are you located? Will help in recommending a GPS/source.

I use the NEO8M GPS for two reasons: you can solder an SMA connector in any of many orientations, and it has two mounting holes. no way I will ever use the appalling u.fl connector. the SMA connector is properly engineered.

no mounting holes is inconceivable. one mounting hole lets it pivot, which drives me screaming.