GPS not working [gps not detected, check wiring]

My gps is not working,
i tried to troubleshoot:
go outside with clear sky and is still not detected.
I switched the serial pin several times and is still not working.
Switched the types of antenna.
Im using TinyGPSplus DeviceExample. What could be went go wrong?

Bump.

I doubt that you can simply attach 4 wires to this PCI card. Without looking at a schematic, I can't tell if it's ok to apply 5V to that part of the circuit. There are other chips on that card connected to the GPS RX nd TX lines, so they will interfere with the wires you added. And the GPS module is probably a 3.3V chip, not 5V.

Cheers, /dev

|500x255 This is the schematic. The tutorial link: http://www.instructables.com/id/8-GPS-Receiver-Hack/step3/Soldering-and-Connecting/

There is someone out there have already done it. I have contacted the person. However, if anyone have solution, do come and advice. Thanks.

http://www.instructables.com/...

Ok, that's good to know!

You connected the Arduino 3.3V to the PCI Vcc pin, right?

Did you do the echo test from Step 6? You should see some data, even if you're not outside. This will confirm that it's getting power, TX and RX are connected properly, and the right baud rate is being used.

I have uploaded the code from step 6, unfortunately nothing has been displayed on serial monitor.

So... you didn't actually use U-center?

If you're just using the Arduino IDE and Serial Monitor, did you change the Serial Monitor baud rate to 4800? And you've swapped the wires in D2 and D3, too?

If you're not getting any data, the module may be broken. Unfortunately, this Instructable shows the 5V Arduino connected directly to the 3.3V GPS RX pin, so this may be one of those times the GPS was damaged by the 5V input.

Cheers, /dev

Unfortunately, this Instructable shows the 5V Arduino connected directly to the 3.3V GPS RX pin, so this may be one of those times the GPS was damaged by the 5V input.

Instructables are very often [u]worse[/u] than useless.