GPS with pseudo range

Does anybody know a GPS that can output pseudo range easily compatible with Arduino?

Unfortunately the NEO-6m doesn't output pseudo range normally, and it'll be probably be difficulty to program RTKLIB to get it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I don't think standard NMEA allows for it. There's a GST sentence "GPS pseudorange noise statistics", doesn't sound quite what you want. A proprietry sentence may be available, that's something the documentation might mention.
Hopefully someone knows something, but Google is more likely to that forum members...

operl:
Does anybody know a GPS that can output pseudo range easily compatible with Arduino?

Why do you want it ?

trying to figure out the shape of a object using a series of them.

For that, you need an RTK precision GPS, to measure 3D positions to cm accuracy. Can be done using a laptop and a couple of RTK boards (one as the base station and one as the position sensor).

Another xy-problem. Please state what you want to achieve, not just how you propose getting there, and you'll avoid wild-goose chases :slight_smile:

I am not aware that there is a cunning wheeze way of using the raw data from the GPS internals to produce any significant increase in precision over the normal +/- 5m or so.

If there was there would be no need for the significant extra costs of precision\differential GPS and there would be many Arduino libraries in existance already.

I am not aware that there is a cunning wheeze way of using the raw data from the GPS internals to produce any significant increase in precision over the normal +/- 5m or so.

Maybe not "cunning", but with a couple of RTK receivers and a laptop, amateurs can and do get about 2 cm accuracy with the GPS system.

Not too long ago I saw an example of someone who used such a system to produce a wire frame model of an automobile, but a few minutes of searching failed to turn up that example. I think it was on a German blog.

Detailed setup procedure for drone positioning with RTK receivers. The article comments that the system must remain in place for hours to get to 10 cm absolute accuracy.

With just 1 RTK receiver and a nearby source of RTCM correction data, it is easy to achieve 20 cm accuracy. What is GPS RTK? - learn.sparkfun.com

jremington:
Maybe not "cunning", but with a couple of RTK receivers and a laptop, amateurs can and do get about 2 cm accuracy with the GPS system.

Sure they can with the RTK stuff, but with a Neo 6M as the OP suggested ?

@srnet: Here is the OP's actual question, which I took the time to answer.

You are welcome!