graph of the muscle contraction

I did what the user guide teach me to do: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8Wy2qiwirwyNFV1dlA2T1JVZFU/edit?pli=1

and i used the code of the muscle kit :"arduino example code" and "processing example code" in this page https://www.sparkfun.com/products/11776.

but unfortunately i got an error. so how to proceed to get the graph using arduino ?

tell more about the error? as there are zillion possible errors ....

what is the output in the Serial monitor? (do not start the Processing SKetch, only the Arduino from the IDE and start the Serial monitor)

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:10713)
at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:10525)
Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1
at AnalogVisualizationProcessing.(AnalogVisualizationProcessing.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at processing.core.PApplet.runSketch(PApplet.java:10711)
… 1 more

this was the error on the Processing program.
the arduino example was correct

I connected the electodes, the power supply to the muscle kit, and the arduino

the arduino example was correct

did you see the values of the Arduino program change when the muscles contracted

I did have a look at the Arduino code and although it is straightforward I think there is room for improvement. The Arduino has only one ADC and multiplexes to read the 6 inputs. This means the ADC sees a different signal every time and has no chance to stabilize. By reading every port twice and use the second reading the quality of the signal will be more stable.

The error message in the processing code means that you read more data from the Arduino than fits in the memory you reserved for it. Need to dive in the processing code to see what happened.

tbc

Which version of processing do you use?

the version of the processing program is 2.2.1

but how to display the graph while placing the electrodes on my arm muscle ? and how to fix the error of the processing ? do i have to change the version ?

I'm using the same program as you and I have the same problem. Did you find any solution to the muscle sensor program?