Graphic woes..

Ok, I’m at my wits end… between work and school I have tried to take the time to get this to work and can’t.

Its a ST7565 lcd, and I have the adafruit library… all I want to do other than what that library offers is bigger characters… like if I wanted to do a simple clock or something…

Its limited to an 8x8 font… I was told I needed another library… I’m not a programmer but I am competent.

I have looked into the GXLCD library and I just can’t make it work… I can’t find good documentation… there are .c files and .h files… apparently I can’t import them into the arduino library like I could the ones from adafruit… the .cpp files…

Seems like a good way to go about this if I could get it to work… looked into the dogm library as well… just couldn’t get that to work either… wired up to the 4050 per instructions and examples wouldn’t even work…

Please, someone just give me a helping hand… I want to learn… hell its why I’m an EE student… I just have no clue what to do… I just want some large characters thats it…

You wouldn’t think it would be this hard…

just for giggles, rename the arduino included *.c to *.cpp files, sometimes you get lucky

http://www.scienceprog.com/simulate-ks0108-graphical-lcd-with-proteus-simulator/

In the .h file for the arial font included with the library is listed as FontCreator but the website is dead. It would make a .h file for the font you want or you could make them manually.

The above link has FontCreator2 by the same author as the original it is a java applet that should work. It will fetch fonts from windows and covert them to .h files or you can hand edit one.

I am planning on getting a graphic LCD soon.

Thanks for the replies.. I've been extremely busy at work this past week so I'm just now getting back to playing with this project. Even more frustration not having the time to play with it.

Well I didn't get lucky, and I have used the font creator to make header files, but I cannot figure out how to use them in my program.

Apparently, the St7565 library only has provisions for 8x8 characters.. that is the problem. I don't know what other library I can use, and I would hate to move to a parallel lcd.. serial would work out great.

Other than advice on a library to use and how to implement it someone spoke about something called "won routing" sp?... I cannot find any information about it.

I assume the above statement is some kind of way to piece 8x8 characters together, but that seems like alot of work for what I'm trying to accomplish.. but at this point!!...

Well, the frustration continues.. thanks guys, hope to hear from you all soon.