Graphical LCD .BMP to .H files in Snow Leopard

I have found a lot of Converters form >BMP to >H using Windows programs but i cannot find any that are used on the Snow Leopard and i am sure i am missing something. How do Mac Arduino programmers draw a picture and then export that picture as a .h file to be used on their graphical LCD programs. I am using a SainSmart Graphic LCD4884 Shield for Arduino Uno MEGA and Duemilanove and it works great with the introductory code i got at https://s3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com/sain-amzn/20/20-011-906/SainSmart_ultrasonic_LCD4884+code.zip. But i want to draw my own pictures and can’t figure out how to get them form a bitmap to a .H file using my Mac. Thank you for your time in helping me out.

Convert the file to .xbm (X bitmap) format. If you don't have a converter that will do that try ImageMagick.

An .xbm file looks to be identical to what you need. Pop it open in a text editor.

thanks I will try out the .xbm file format. I am assuming this comes form Gimp or something? i will figure that part out though. This is looking like the different lcd controllers require different bitmap to hex configurations to work though as i have been playing on the windows side and i can get one bit mat converter to work with one size of a pixel picture like 16 by 16 but if I have to use a different converter to do 32x32 and 128 x 64. I am a beginner to trying to understand how to program in c and c++ but i understand electricity very well so i am jumping into this without much programming knowledge and i am finding out right now that a lack of understanding in the binary and hexadecimal languages is hampering my understanding of what is really going on inside the atmel chip. I can take what someone else has done and modify it to suit my needs but i lack the understanding of what is really going on or why the original programmer did it that way verses this way kind of stuff. Thank you again and i will let you know what i am running into in a few days.

bluestang: thanks I will try out the .xbm file format. I am assuming this comes form Gimp or something?

It comes from X-windows http://www.fileformat.info/format/xbm/egff.htm