Gravitational Mimic

I am shepherding a high school electro-mechanical engineering workshop. We are searching for a means to control an actuator to mimic the gravitational reaction to a swinging pendulum. This would require the actuator to speed up and slow down, then stop and reverse and repeat. Is the Arduino capable of programing such an action?

RogerGable:
We are searching for a means to control an actuator to mimic the gravitational reaction to a swinging pendulum.

I think you need to explain what this thing is supposed to be and what you want it to do a little better. Make no assumptions about what we know or don't know. What feels like common knowledge to you may not be to the rest of us. We haven't been in the class with you.

What kind of "actuator"? How should it move? I don't care what it is supposed to mimic. Just tell me what it's gotta do.

With a servo or stepper motor you can probably program any motion sequence that you want.

...R

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

RogerGable:
I am shepherding a high school electro-mechanical engineering workshop. We are searching for a means to control an actuator to mimic the gravitational reaction to a swinging pendulum. This would require the actuator to speed up and slow down, then stop and reverse and repeat. Is the Arduino capable of programming such an action?

Do you have an actuator?
If so what are its specifications?
The motion will be sinusoidal, it depends on what actuator input format is.
Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile: