GRBL compiling Problem

Trying to compile Grbl 0.9i on an Arduino Uno and can’t even get the library to load. All the Wiki says is to put the .Zip file somewhere on my system and open the 1.6.8 IDE and select the .Zip library.

Well, when I try this, I can’t get past selecting the Zip folder and the IDE gives an error stating that “Specified folder/zip file does not contain a valid library” when the Wiki says to select the Grbl folder in the .Zip file. What is going on?

If I un-zip the folder, then I still can’t get the files to load. I need to severely modify the drivers for the platform I built to use the pins I selected for stepping and selecting either the X or Y axis. I am working on a laser engraver, so no coolant or anything exotic, but can’t seem to get a source file I can modify in the Arduino IDE.

Anyone have some ideas?

Rick1885:
Trying to compile Grbl 0.9i on an Arduino Uno and can’t even get the library to load. All the Wiki says is to put the .Zip file somewhere on my system and open the 1.6.8 IDE and select the .Zip library.

Your question has nothing to do with the Original Post and I have asked the Moderator to move it.

I think you need to extract the files from the .ZIP before you copy then to the library directory. Post a link to the website from which you downloaded the .ZIP file.

However you may get better advice on a CNC Forum. The Arduino Forum is mainly about helping people write their own programs.

…R

You need to provide enough information for someone to recreate the problem - which you haven't.
Which exact version and where is the download link?

I have had this problem to, it looks that the IDE looks to the root directory from the zip file.

The way to solve it is to unzip the file first, then look where the library file is (something like PWM.h )

Then zip that directory where the library is in again, and then you can import it with the IDE.

I had to move the GRBL subdirectory up one level out of the GRBL-MASTER directory. In other words it should be at libraries\grbl

Yes, github zip files always have that structure.