GRBL to use with a bigger mill

Hi all,

I'd like to ask if someone sells a "more professional" carrier or embedded board to use with a bigger mill. It's a 1000x1000mm bed composed by chinese driver and chinese inverter. It's overkill and too expensive buy a dedicated CNC controller with licence.

What I'm looking for is a board with optoisolated outputs and if possibile with some relays. I'd like to avoid to build one since it's not main propuse.

Yaroooo:
I'd like to ask if someone sells a "more professional" carrier or embedded board to use with a bigger mill.

More professional compared to what?

Assuming you have stepper motor drivers that are suitable for the motors on your mill I would expect the GRBL program to be able to control them.

...R

Robin2:
More professional compared to what?

Assuming you have stepper motor drivers that are suitable for the motors on your mill I would expect the GRBL program to be able to control them.

…R

I’ve explained missing some details.

I can’t and won’t connect Arduino directly to mounted electronics (motors, endstops, buttons, etc.) but want to use a carrier board for several reasons. Something already made that is usable like industrial standard.

What I’ve found is this: https://i0.wp.com/www.ukcnc.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/6-Axis-Controller-Mach3-GRBL-1.jpg

From them: http://www.ukcnc.net/

I’ve have two connector types, pin expansion and opto-isolation. But seems quite expensive for it’s job. Looking for if someone offer similar one.

Common products are boards with controller plus plugging drivers. I can use them but I need to do too much modification.

Yaroooo:
I can't and won't connect Arduino directly to mounted electronics (motors, endstops, buttons, etc.) but want to use a carrier board for several reasons.

I understand all the words individually but taken as a sentence it obviously summarises a lot of thinking on your part that I know nothing about and the sentence needs context to make sense. Maybe if you can give an example of the sort of thing you are trying to avoid this would make more sense.

Common products are boards with controller plus plugging drivers. I can use them but I need to do too much modification.

Give some examples of the common products and the sorts of modification you think would be needed.

And a question - are you planning to use an Arduino Mega running the GRBL program to control your mill?

...R

It sounds like you want to find a heavier-duty stepper driver that you can plug in in place of the StepStick style stepper drivers that plug into a GRBL "CNC Shield" (UNO) or a RAMPS board (MEGA).

What voltage and what current do your motors need?

Using an Arduino UNO and a driver board that works for the later versions of GRBL is sufficient. The most important piece is the driver board, that it handles the voltage and currents needed for the steppers.
You're perfectly right that large and expensive ready systems are not the only sollution.
An UNO will handle GRBL.