Grid tie - (RIIG) RPM Independent induction generator - From 20 ->500 RPM.

When the cage rotate its magnetic fields gradually adjust itself to fit with the magnetic field of the coils, The bar that near the NORTH has SOUTH . . . . the one near the SOUTH go NORTH . . . so on. That’s the other of the HAL effect one magnetizes other.

Hi,
Can you point me with a link to a description of the “HAL” effect?

Thanks… Tom… :grinning: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

That what I studied . . .long time . . . . 40 years ago . . .
Please. As I said I only can give you educated guess. As If I can’t answer you how come it produces the current when its driven above synchronous RPM.
The method I post has units at ZERO synchronous RPM. As of normal generator if it is driven above that mark it produces a current.

FYI: Something I failed, I simply gave up.

I failed to produce a balance current to operate RIIG in 2 hot wire grid such as US 240V or other AC from a voltage step down transformer. It must be a (ground) neutral/hot grid.

FYI: The ideal of the method is to have 2 “motors” in parallel and in the same housing, They are back to back connected. On the market there are none of such animal. (we want to use off-the shelves without internal modification).

However there is one particular make/model: HDN56MRC17D1/2O of Marathon whose primary coils are made of a set of 2 parallel copper wires. If you don’t mind some minimum internal modification you can open it up, splitting the coil and reconnect as if it has 2 parallel machines in one. it works too. (Make sure you have them back to back connected coupled by back to back diodes & disable the secondary).

Happy Mosquito Free!
Phi

RECAP for clarifications.

• An induction machine is in synchronous state when the rotor and the rotating magnetic fields at the stator have the same speed.
  • The method sets the stator to house “kind of” stationary magnetic fields, thus it is in synchronous state when the rotor is also stationary allowing it to interact with the grid in generator mode as a ZERO SYNCHRONOUS RPM induction machine.

Happy Mosquito Free!
Phi

Not everyone have the luxury of a VFD driving system like ours.

At the very first, this was the tool that allowed us to drive the generator. (A young, “strong man” was able to do in a minute or so - Not anymore . . .).

The same or a similar enable one to to scope and or take the measurements.

Happy Mosquito Free! - I can do it so can you !
Phi.

Note: At the time we used the tool, we employed a Variac (Variable Transformer) to reduce the torque to the manageable level; typically at 25VAC. With the ‘discovery’ of the use of the capacitor. This way is much better with smaller capacity.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.