Grove Base Shield compatibility

Hello!
I've found this Grove Base Shield:

https://www.seeedstudio.com/Base-Shield-V2-p-1378.html

Before buy it: how does this work? Am I going to be able to use my Arduino UNO like before adding this to it?
Is some pin going to be reserved/eliminated from the available ones? Thanks

Looks to me that all it does is bring some pins out to use their plugs, for convenience. That would leave those pins intact for normal use, I'd say.

I don't understand

I suspect that what ever pins are available in the middle of the board in the white sockets, are just wired through to the normal pins on the sides. So sure, when you stick a plug in a socket and use a pin, that pin is no longer available on the side, same as if you stuck a wire in the normal pin hole. But until then, that normal pin is there as normal for normal use.

(That said, I'm curious as to why there are 2x digital or 2x analog pins in each of their sockets, going by the labels. So for example the one labelled D4 in large type, seems to have D4 and D5 pins in small type. But that doesn't affect my answer in previous paragraph.)

Ok thanks, but: I2C pins will be connected to what?

nicolopadovandev:
Ok thanks, but: I2C pins will be connected to what?

Analog 4 and 5, and to the two other pins diagonally opposite by the reset button.

But that won't stop you using A4/5 until you use the Wire library, just as always.

So... can you list for me which pins are going to be unusable if I connect every single grove?

nicolopadovandev:
So... can you list for me which pins are going to be unusable if I connect every single grove?

You can see the exact same markings as I can....

But I don't understand them sorry

The small D and A numbers next to the pins inside the white thingies are surely the pins to which they connect.

Ahhhhh!!!
Thanks