GSM.h library not working ??

Hello,

Any time I try to compile/verify a sketch that includes the GSM.h library I get the follow error message.

Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328" C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.6\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp: In member function 'String GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification::getIMEI()': C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.6\libraries\GSM\GSM3ShieldV1ModemVerification.cpp:72: error: conversion from 'int' to 'String' is ambiguous C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.6\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:61: note: candidates are: String::String(const __FlashStringHelper*) C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.6\hardware\arduino\cores\arduino/WString.h:59: note: String::String(const char*)

Can anyone tell me why this may happen and how I can fix it please?

Thanks,

Glenn.

I opened the SendSMS example (using 1.0.5), and compiled for the Arduino Duemilanove. I only got one "error":

Binary sketch size: 15,124 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)

I am using version 1.0.6

Anything with GSM.h library in it brings up the errors mentioned above.

It would really appreciate some advice on this.

It would really appreciate some advice on this.

OK. There is something wrong with your installation of the Arduino software. So, I advise you to uninstall it, and reinstall it.

With a proper installation, the code WILL compile.

Hi PaulS,

Thank you for your reply. I took your advice and re-installed the software. Unfortunately the same error is showing up when I try to compile a sketch with GSM.h included. Other sketches seem to compile fine.

I tried installing version 1.5.8 just to see the effect. I got the following errors while trying to compile the receive SMS example. Should I be adding something into the sketch or are the examples ready to go?

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

In file included from C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:39:0, from C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38, from C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45, from sketch_nov28a.ino:19: C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1BaseProvider.h:57:32: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared void prepareAuxLocate(PROGMEM prog_char str[], char auxLocate[]); ^ In file included from C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1AccessProvider.h:38:0, from C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM.h:45, from sketch_nov28a.ino:19: C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:170:35: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared virtual size_t writePGM(PROGMEM prog_char str[], bool CR=true); ^ C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Arduino\libraries\GSM/GSM3ShieldV1ModemCore.h:189:34: error: 'prog_char' has not been declared void genericCommand_rq(PROGMEM prog_char str[], bool addCR=true); ^

Could there compatibility issues with my operating system? I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64bit.