GSM shield msg to LCD. help with codes!

hi! I have just started working on an arduino project because I thought it was going to be easy since there is one article that i can refer to for my codes, but it turned out to be a disaster after I have discovered that a different library is working on sim900. The article I read used arduino uno, arduino gsm shield and lcd(16x2). I used arduino uno, Sim900 gsm shield and lcd (16x2), knowing that sim900 gsm shield is the same with arduino gsm shield but its not, so a different code must be used. The problem is im not really that good with codes. My project aims to receive a message via the sim900 gsm shield and display it on the lcd. the lcd must contain the date and time of message at the 1st row of lcd and the message itself in the 2nd row. To maximize the message that can be read in the lcd, a scrolling text function in the second row must be applied so that more characters can be read. lastly, only one mobile station number or cellphone number can access the gsm shield. so that no other people can use it as a prank. If you can provide me the codes I need, I will be very please and thank you.
so far, this is what i have accomplished. using software serial and lcd library.
It displays only 16 characters of the message in the first row. it does not display the date and time, does not scroll, and does not block other mobile station number.

#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 5, 4, 3, 2);
SoftwareSerial SIM900(7, 8 );
int inByte=0;
void setup()
{
 Serial.begin(19200); // for serial monitor display
SIM900.begin(19200); // for GSM shield start serial programming
lcd.begin(16, 2);
lcd.print("      ATTENTION");
lcd.setCursor(0, 1);
lcd.print("READ THE MESSAGE");
delay(20000); // give time to manually power ON the GSM Shield andconnect to the network
SIM900.print("AT+CMGF=1\r"); // set SMS mode to text
delay(100);
SIM900.print("AT+CNMI=2,2,0,0,0\r"); // Configuration to extract content of the received message.Display it on Arduino Serial Monitor
delay(100);
}
void loop()
{
// Now we simply display any text that the GSM shield sends out on the serial monitor
do
   {
       while ( !SIM900.available() );    
   } while ( '"' != SIM900.read() );

do
   {

do
   {

do
   {
    do
   {

do
   {

inByte = SIM900.read();     
   inByte = SIM900.read();

lcd.clear();
   while(1)
   {
       inByte = SIM900.read();

if ( inByte == '\r' )
         break;
       else;
      Serial.write(inByte);
       lcd.write ( inByte );
   }
}
while ( '"' != SIM900.read() );

What does SIM900.read() return?

the message that the GSM shield receives looks like this,
+CMT: “+639353072589”,"",“15/05/07,12:30:27+32”
(then the message)

I think that code disables the whole date time number and only displays the text message

This was the article i was referring to: http://makezine.com/projects/the-connected-office-text-message-based-remote-display/
it would have been easier for me if the arduino gsm shield was the one that I used but i did not know there is a difference with sim900.

Again: what data type does SIM900.read() return?

hey. did you manage?