GSM test won´t work??? :(

I´m thinking maybe I just have to burn my arduino and find a new hobby instead… :smiley:

Connected a mc35 gsm modem via ttl to rs232 converter. Using Arduino pins 10,11. I´ve checked the wiring and the modem is working fine with pc. But I just can´t get it to communicate with arduino? Why oh´why it won´t answer OK :smiley: ???

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

const byte rxPin = 10; // Wire this to Tx
const byte txPin = 11; // Wire this to Rx

SoftwareSerial MC35 (rxPin, txPin);

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
MC35.begin(9600); // baudrate used by mc35
delay(1000); // Let the module self-initialize
}

void loop() {
Serial.println(“Sending an AT command…”);
MC35.println(“AT”);
delay(3000);
while (MC35.available()){
String inData = MC35.readStringUntil(’\n’);
Serial.println("Got reponse from MC35: " + inData);
}
}

Please read this:-
How to use this forum
Because your post is breaking the rules about posting code.

And please post ALL your code, what you posted will not compile will it? There is at least a missing #include statement. How can we try exactly what you have done?

It also helps to post a schematic. Like have you connected the ground between the modem and Arduino?

Picture of the schematic I used is also attached now. ( for tx and rx I used 10,11 instead of 0,1 ) It would be nice to have some help or is it easier to connect it to raspberry? :open_mouth:

for tx and rx I used 10,11 instead of 0,1 )

So that is not a picture of how you have wired it up then is it?

It would be nice to have some help

It would be even nicer to have some cooperation from you.

It is possible that the handshaking lines on the RS232 socket are not connected in a way that will allow a modem to respond. Try reading 3 easy steps to understand and control your RS232 devices – CommFront

Why are you using a 3V3 converter board? Do you know that if you feed a 5V signal into that then you could damage it because you are exceeding the supply voltage on the input pin.