Guidance for Building Obstacle Avoiding Robot

Hi, I wanted to build a Obstacle avoiding Robot. So i bought a chassis( attached img) ,arduino UNO, servo motor ,l298n driver ,ultrasonic sensor and 4 AA rechargeable batteries. i"m stuck at the Powering point, How can i power 5V to ultrasonic, servo and l298n driver from those batteries? Should i use multiple batteries? Pls guide me

No image attached.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile:

You could probably power the ultrasonic and the L298 logic (repeat: logic, not motor power) from the Arduino's 5V out. Then 6V from your 4xAA to the servo (assuming it can take 6V) and the L298 motor power input.

(What motors are you planning to drive: with 6V into the L298 motor power you will at best get 4V out to the motors since an L298 drops almost 2V always. The drop can be (iirc) almost 4V if there's some decent current flowing so you won't have much left at the motor.)

Then 6V from your 4xAA to the servo (assuming it can take 6V)

The AA batteries are rechargeable so will not actually provide 6V but the servo is most unlikely not to be able to cope with 6V as it was common practice in the past to power RC systems with 4 alkaline AAs (BTDTGTTS) with no ill effects.

UKHeliBob:
The AA batteries are rechargeable so will not actually provide 6V

Amazing... I was just typing an edit to the effect that his batteries were more likely to be 4.8V not 6V.