Guidance on project with analog RGB strips and regular single color LEDs

My first post so apologies if there is some relevant post deep in the forums. I'm making a chariot for kids to ride in and want to wire up some LED's to make it look nice and blinky. I'm going to use some analog RGB strips(5meter worth) connected up to an arduino as well as two clusters of 23 (5mm) red LED's. I was hoping someone could help confirm my design since I know very little about hardware. My current design needs to be portable so it will have an arduino powered by an 8pack(12V) of AA batteries connected in the barrel jack. The analog RGB strips are wired up with 3 n-channel fets(IRLB8721), one for each color, being controlled through 3 PWM pins on the arduino. Power comes from VIN to a rail on my breadboard, and grounded back on the arduino. This all seems pretty straightforward as I found a tutorial on adafruit about connecting this part up. My concern though comes in supplying power to the 46 red LEDs from this same setup. Would it make sense to wire the led's all in parallel(they dont need to be individually assignable) and then have them controlled by another PWM pin(so i can fade) running to a 4th FET on my breadboard? Would it make sense to put a resistor on each led or a single resistor for each cluster of 23. I realize battery life won't be great on this, but once I get the design up and running I plan to add a larger, rechargeable battery pack to the final design. Thank you in advance for any help or guidance you are willing to offer.

Its kinda unclear on what you want, If you have a schematic, or even just something scribbled onto a napkin to illustrate what you mean, then it will be easier to understand.

I dont know what specific strips you are talking about, but red, blue and green LEDs will want different sized resistors, and usually strips have those built in, which means you probably wont need to add any resistors, except maybe one on each FET.

circuit_surfer: My concern though comes in supplying power to the 46 red LEDs from this same setup. Would it make sense to wire the led's all in parallel(they dont need to be individually assignable) and then have them controlled by another PWM pin(so i can fade) running to a 4th FET on my breadboard? Would it make sense to put a resistor on each led or a single resistor for each cluster of 23.

Assuming they're 2.2V each: With 12V you can put them in strings of four or five with one resister per string. One FET can control all the strings.

Aside from fungus' idea, you could also get a 12V red color LED strip where all resistors are wired for you.

Great! I think because of the orientation of the lights, 3 strands of 5 with a 100ohm resistor each and 2 strips of 4 with a 220ohm for each strand should make the most sense. Thanks for the suggestion Fungus.