h-bridge@high PWM freq

hi : )

Anyone know of a decent H-bridge that can handle the arduinos 32kh PWM output? my h-bridge was not happy with this frequency, although my leds where cheerful and responsive enough.

thanks for any ideas.

peace: )

This is now your third post on basically the same question.

Why do you want to change the default frequency of PWM? Obviously, you motor controller doesn't like it, and the LEDs don't care.

if the answer is so simple ? why are you so confused?

i need a PWM freq over human hearing range ...and therefore a h bridge that can handle the frequency!

So I'm in the hardware section of the forum asking for help which you stop me from getting each time because you post on me like i have no reason to ask a question.

i pay full price for an arduino , do i not have a right to be here?

what is your malfunction?

do i not have a right to be here?

Certainly you have a right to be here. You also have the right to explain why you need the PWM to be above the frequency that humans can hear.

The Arduino is turning pins on and off at some frequency. You can't possibly hear that happening. So, there must be something more to your question/problem/issue than you are revealing.

And that is what I have a problem with. Three threads now, and we still don't know what you are trying to do, or why the default behavior of the Arduino isn't satisfactory.

anyone who has used motors with pwm will tell you it is louder than DC. its common knowledge.

the vibration that emanates comes from the motor not the arduino.

I have managed to raise the arduino up to 31kh.

now i am looking for a h bridge to handle the frequency. because my h-bridge is failing at this frequency.

i am trying to turn a motor quietly with high torque, hence PWM at a high frequency. lol . :P i cant retype this any other way. if you dont understand i sorry i cant help you tiger.

peace : )

now i am looking for a h bridge to handle the frequency. because my h-bridge is failing at this frequency. anyone who has used motors with pwm will tell you it is louder than DC. its common knowledge. the vibration that emanates comes from the motor not the arduino.

What makes you think you can successfully PWM a motor at that frequency? Maybe your H-bridge is telling you something. Guess you will need to google for electronic forums or vendors that have information on an h-bridge that meets your specs. Not an arduino issue.

This is the hardware interfacing forum for arduino.

if you do not like me asking this type of interfacing question, have a moderator remove my thread, rather than try and squash my enthusiasm, which you can not.

uhu servo and elm servo are diy motor controllers that would handle the high switching speeds. They both use a IR2184 drivers

qweety, I don't think your h-bridge has any problem with the frequency, is your motor the one that can't handle that frequency. Motors got known limits when it comes to high frequencies, after the point of stalling or loosing torque.

You have to check with an oscilloscope and see for yourself if your h-bridge is working or not. Another way is checking if is working with LED's at that frequency. If they are, there is no reason to say that the h-bridge is the problem. Either way oscilloscopes are always your best friend on electronics.

I have a P and N Mosfet h-bridge I designed that would not work at higher frequencies due to the time it takes to turn on and off the P type mosfet. I have built a H-bridge with the FAN73832 and it would handle 40kHz PWM with no problems. I think the IR2184 might be a more robust ic, but it could just me me as I seem to be hard on electronic stuff.

I use 15.6 kHz with my P and N mosfet driver...works. I do not hear the high pitch it must be making but my hearing is not as good as it use to be.

What type of h-bridge are you using? What voltage and current are you working with?

The oscilloscope is definitely they way to check

hi

thanks for your help , it is a SN754410 for a 10v 900ma max motor , im pretty sure it is not healthy at 31kh.

i have just ordered a l6202 h bridge which should be fine.

probably be a while until it arrives with all this snow we have here. :o