H-Bridge using relays and Transistors

Hello All,
I am new to Micro-controllers and am trying to create a circuit for a linear actuator that will eventually be actuated by a timer. The timer being a user interface that will mod the IC program to actuate at an exact hour of the day to extend the actuator and then retract it a time period later. I have read multiple threads but none incorporate the H-Bridge with relays with transistors. I am open to any and all help and advice as to how I can make the circuit better or more efficient. I am still learning how the code will look, but would like advice as to the circuit. The Schematic is attached below.

Specs:
Linear actuator draws 1.5A max and full cycle is about 40 seconds with internal cutouts at full extend/retract
Arduino Uno
SainSmart 4 relay module, Relays draw 15-20mA from the driver
Transistors are 2N3904

The system will eventually be powered by a 12V battery maintained by a 5W solar panel/controller.

Thanks in advance for any input or suggestions.

Arduino circuit.pdf (43.6 KB)

Here is an approach (attached.)
It doesn’t show the relay coils, just the contacts/switches.

You could use a small-signal transistor, perhaps, with no load on the actuator., for test purpose till you get a Darlington [OK] or a logic-level (emphasis) MOSFET [Best].

relay_bridge_pwm.JPG

You only need a single DPDT relay (break before make) to switch direction for a motor. Basic connection like this: