hacking into stuff

hey guys i was looking at some medical sensors(e-Health Sensor Platform V2.0 for Arduino and Raspberry Pi [Biometric / Medical Applications])
to use in some projects.but after calculating all the values .the total was way beyond my budget :cry: .so as an alternative i was thinking can i use the sensor reading from any old sensor which has an lcd screen .thank in advance

You can't necessarily get useful data out of a medical sensor that has an integrated display. In some cases the raw sensor is connected to a microcontroller that also controls the LCD. There may not be a place where you can 'tap into' the data. Was there one particular device you were interested in? You don't have to get the full set of sensors (for 450 euros).

johnwasser:
You can't necessarily get useful data out of a medical sensor that has an integrated display. In some cases the raw sensor is connected to a microcontroller that also controls the LCD. There may not be a place where you can 'tap into' the data. Was there one particular device you were interested in? You don't have to get the full set of sensors (for 450 euros).

thanks. can i remove the micro controller from the sensor and use an arduino to control the raw sensor

manansh:
Can I remove the microcontroller from the sensor and use an Arduino to control the raw sensor?

Yes, if the sensor has a 5V digital interface or a 0-5V analog output. Otherwise you will need some conditioning hardware to make the raw sensor compatible with the Arduino inputs. You will also need to track down the interface specification for the sensor or you will need to reverse-engineer the interface to get useful data from the sensor.