Hackspace London - Wed 17th June

Hackspace Hack Evening #9 Wednesday June 17, 2009 from 7:00pm - 11:00pm The Regent

201-203 Liverpool Road, Islington London, England N1 1LX The ninth of the bi-weekly Hackspace Hack Evenings, and we're in the Regent again.

A BBC journalist and photographer will be attending this event, writing an article about the budding hackspace movement in the UK. So bring along any interesting projects you have and show them off! (Don't worry, they won't bother you if you don't want to talk to them, they'll be under strict instructions!)

Turn up, bring whatever you need to hack on your project and get on with it. If you've not got a project, turn up and see if you can help someone else!

We've got the whole of the basement room, wifi, tables suitable for soldering and really delicious stonebake pizza.

I'm going. Not been before. Just want to take a look what it is all about. Anyone else going?

Hackspace London was well attended last night. Must have been about 60 people in there. I took along 2 Arduino's and showed off my RGB LED Scrolling Clock, plus another clock design (BlokClok) that I am working on. The BBC were there with a reporter and a cameraman filming and interviewing people for the BBC Website. They took a lot of interest in the Arduino and filmed my 'bigg mess of wires' so maybe it will give the Arduino a bit more coverage if they show it.

It was a good night. Great pizza too.

Next one is in two weeks time.