Half Dead HC-05

I have a MASSIVE issue...
I have an old hc-05 blue-tooth module...
It seemed to be working a few weeks ago.
However, this time, I have an issue...
It is perfectly working in command mode with AT codes, but it just doesn't appear on Any devices.
I know its in pairing/data mode because it's led is blinking appropriately @ about 2Hz.
All my devices are android or windows. I've been troubleshooting for a few hours now...
I've just connected the +5v and GND lines on a breadboard. Nothing else. I need help! I just don't know what to be done. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I know its in pairing/data mode because it's led is blinking appropriately @ about 2Hz.

In the data mode waiting to connect, there should be about 5 quick flashes per second. When connected it goes to two flashes every few seconds.

There may be some difference in flash patterns depending on the version software, but it's not clear to me that you are in a mode ready to connect to a master.

Thanks for replying...
Is there any way to disconnect it from every device ? AT Command?

kshitij_kulkarni:
I've just connected the +5v and GND lines on a breadboard.

Provided you haven't done anything silly with configuration, like making it a master, that is all you need. There is an AT+RESET command but I'm not sure what it exactly is or does. Check the datasheets but, if the LED is obviously fast, you probably don't need to do that .

OH... NOTHING.
When it didn't work, I used 'AT+ORGL' and 'AT+RESET', but to no avail.

IT blinks like this:

1 second
|--1--|--1--|--1--|--1--|--1--|--1--|--1--|
1010|1010|1010|1010|1010|1010|1010|
2 blinks

I have never heard of an HC-0x dying without clear and serious physical abuse, but there is always a first time.

IF LED is flashing fast, which seems to be the case, AND the devices have not previously paired, it means "power on - ready to pair".
This done in phone settings.

IF you have previously paired them, it signifies "power on - ready to connect"
This is done in the phone app.

If you already know this and have gone through it properly, I guess Bluetooth is dead. Half dead is the same as completely dead.