Half size bowling pinsetter

Hello guys,

I’m 4sys, a new user of the Arduino community. I’m just really here to ask a few questions and your guys opinion on the idea that I got inspiration from by several people.

Let’s start off with a few things I have experience with, I’m a website developer who programs in JavaScript on a regular basis and occasionally java. I’ve been a website developer for just over 2 years now, I started learning when I was 14. Anyway, less about me and let’s continue onto the questions I have.

So I have a few questions, do you guys think this is possible? Of course I’m willing to spend money, put effort and time into this project. The end result of this is me having a half scale bowling alley in my back garden.

Alright here’s another quick question I’d like your guys opinion on, servos or solenoid valves? Not really an important one, just want to know what you guys think is better for this project.

Eh, here’s another question I have for you. 3D print my parts or CNC them. I want this to be pretty reliable, safe and mostly working 99% of the time.

That’s all the questions I really have for you today, sorry this isn’t the usual type of thread you guys would usually be answering to.

I have a few ways you can contact me privately if needed, either via this site or on Discord. Tyler.#3887

Fun idea. The controller part will not make any problem I think.
However, have You studied an existing bowling ball machinery? I have been "back there".
Electronics is a piece of cake but what about the mechanics?

Railroader:
Fun idea. The controller part will not make any problem I think.
However, have You studied an existing bowling ball machinery? I have been "back there".
Electronics is a piece of cake but what about the mechanics?

Yes, I’ve had a look at a couple bowling alleys and also looked in depth online. But I agree with you, the mechanics is most likely going to be the issue, as I’m not experienced in that field of work unfortunately, although it’s definitely not impossible to do.

Why not buy a few lanes, and machinary, from a bankrupted bawling hall and go from that?

Railroader:
Why not buy a few lanes, and machinary, from a bankrupted bawling hall and go from that?

Well, they range from £800-£15,000. Plus where’s the fun in that?

Is the market for bankrupted baowling halls that good? The fun? Do the electronics by Yourself!

Railroader:
Is the market for bankrupted baowling halls that good? The fun? Do the electronics by Yourself!

The market for bankrupt bowling alleys is pretty decent tbh, but still expensive & yeah of course making a bowling alley would be fun and entertaining. as well as a big learning curve. But like I said, mechanics is going to be the issue

Also, learn the importance of how to oil the wooden lane…. That means a lot for skilled bowlers.

Railroader:
Also, learn the importance of how to oil the wooden lane…. That means a lot for skilled bowlers.

This isn’t going to be a professional bowling alley, it’s more for entertainment purposes.

Haha. I realize that. Good luck!

Railroader:
Haha. I realize that. Good luck!

Thank you, appreciate it.

4sys:
although it’s definitely not impossible to do.

Maybe some ideas here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homemade+bowling+alley+pinsetter+&sp=mAEB

dougp:
Maybe some ideas here: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=homemade+bowling+alley+pinsetter+&sp=mAEB

Appreciate it bud.