Hall-Effect Current Sensor for voltage measurement.

Hi, I'm wanting to use an ACS758 Hall-Effect Current Sensor from Allergro Microelectonics to read the voltage from a Li-Po battery system 4 Parrallel Packs 6S 5500mAH 34C. On page 1 of the data sheet its got a diagram for the typical application see this page for diagram for ACS758 http://www.datasheetdir.com/ACS758+Current-Sensor How do I connect this to the Arduino Mega 2560. Do I need a resistor to pull the input down or use the internal pull up resistor internally to the Arduino Mega 2560 to take the Vout from the recommend ACS758 Circuit for a typical application. thanks Paul

Try Googling: ACS758 arduino

I hope you mean that you want to read the CURRENT from the Li-Po battery with the ACS758 Hall-Effect Current Sensor, it outputs a voltage proportional to the current flowing through it, not the direct battery voltage. Tom

Yes, was going to read the voltage at the output created via the current to voltage transformation of the ACS758. Going to use RC Low Pass filter on the output as this is recommend. Chosen 10K Resistor as the input resistance/impedance? is high on the Arduino but not sure how much higher I could increase this resistor values as it is supposed to cause noise if to high and use the max 10 nF capacitor. How high is the resistance of the inout pins for the Ardunio? I measure via analogue. But getting confused as to when I need to use an external pull-down resistor or use the internal Pull-up resistor.

Can the same ACS758 be used to measure current? or do I need another package/sensor. I want to measure current on one pin and voltage on another. Voltage of the system is 22.2V current draw up to 200A. thanks

Yes, was going to read the voltage at the output created via the current to voltage transformation of the ACS758.

Are you trying to read the current, or the voltage of the LiPO pack?