Hardware for a Party Mode

Hello everyone.

So here's my problem, we want to make a party mode switch just for fun that will make our system go crazy, but it would be boring if we only used what it's currently connected to the arduino (just some leds, 2 buttons and a display), so we want to add a bit of noise but we have problems finding the proper hardware.

It has to be something loud and a bit small (and preferably cheap), I watched some videos of mp3 players connected to the arduino but they don't seem to be loud enough, i don't know if there is a way to use a louder speaker or something like that, that would be an option if possible, I was also thinking about some kind of car horn that plays a song. We accept any suggestions.

We have an arduino Mega and to power the system we can use 12V or 5V.

Thanks in advance!

:D

Of course we don’t know what “your system” is…

I watched some videos of mp3 players connected to the arduino but they don’t seem to be loud enough, i don’t know if there is a way to use a louder speaker or something like that, that would be an option if possible

You need an amplifier and with the right equipment you could fill a stadium with loud rock & roll from any MP3 player or phone, etc.

Or, you can use “powered” computer speakers.

I have one of [u]these[/u] connected to a couple of small speakers in my bedroom (not connected to an Arduino). If you want music for a serious party, you might want something like [u]this[/u] with some appropriately large speakers. :wink:

And you need a reasonably-large speaker to put-out bass.

I was also thinking about some kind of car horn that plays a song. We accept any suggestions.

You can get a weatherproof [u]horn loudspeaker[/u] and they will go quite-loud with a couple of watts, but they don’t put-out any bass. And, you still need an amplifier to get a couple of watts.