Hardware guidance and recommendations for project needed

Hello folks, I'm very new here and this is my first post.

I'm looking to build an alarm clock with integrated sms-feature that will automatically send an sms based on some trigger from the digital alarm clock. So basically a normally functioning digital alarm clock with sms features. Additional features that could be nice is automatically acception voice calls using the same speaker system as the alarm clock(?) and a mic. What I really want from this post is help and advice on what hardware I would need. Been looking around on arduino, youtube and additional web sites and it's pretty hard to figure out exactly what would suit this project the best. If you have any further questions that you need answered to help me dont hesitate. Thanks in advance!

An alarm clock typically has a display and some buttons. You can start by figuring out what kind of display you want to use.

Did you want your alarm clock to connect A) directly to the cellular phone system, B) through WiFi to a network service, or C) through Ethernet to a network service? That is roughly in order form most expensive to least expensive.

resze: What I really want from this post is help and advice on what hardware I would need.

I would say that a smartphone would be the best platform for this project. It can easily do all the things you are asking for. If you try to do the same thing with bits stuck on an Arduino then effectively you will end up making your own DIY smartphone anyway, and that will take a lot more effort than writing a little smartphone app.