Hardware

Need help robot preject with 24 small (3vdc) motors. They need to go forwards and backwards and move individually via a bluetooth user signal. What Arduino hardware combination would best fit this project?

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html

Thanks.. Tom.. :slight_smile:

PALADIN:
Need help robot preject with 24 small (3vdc) motors. They need to go forwards and backwards and move individually via a bluetooth user signal. What Arduino hardware combination would best fit this project?

We need more information. Assuming you need speed and direction control for each motor you will have difficulty even with a single Arduino Mega as it can only produce 12 PWM signals. You will also need to choose your motor drivers carefully as, for example the Pololu DRV8833 (with which I am familar) requires a PWM pin for each directon. If you can find a low voltage driver that only needs one PWM input coupled with digital pins for direction then you will get better use from the limited number of PWM pins.

...R

I know the Ardino uno coupled with a power supply board will run 2 motors back and forth and are able to controll speed and not burn out the chip. Which Arduino runs the most pins or what combination can i use torun 24 as previously posted. Im such a newb its been a while since i got my degree in this so i do have some basic understanding. If you are willing to talk on phone I am willing to pay for your time. Just want to get this done quickly.

PALADIN:
Which Arduino runs the most pins or what combination can i use torun 24 as previously posted.

Did you read Reply #2?

...R