has anybody connected arduino with nucleo over serial (RX, TX) ?

I have been trying but nothing works.

Nucleo gives me for example 8 bits(including parity), no parity, stop bit.

I am not sure what he including parity means I can choose no parity. even or odd .

I am trying to get the extra TX and RX pins on arduino and similar pins on nucleo.

I know that both are broadcasting I checked it with serial monitor like RealTerm.

Nucleo gives me for example 8 bits(including parity), no parity, stop bit.

Either it's including parity or it's with no parity. It sound to me as if a layman tried to specify 7E1 or 7O1.

I am not sure what he including parity means I can choose no parity. even or odd .

Parity is an additional bit. 8N1 needs 10 bits to transfer 1 byte, 8E1 needs 11 bits to transfer 1 byte.

I am trying to get the extra TX and RX pins on arduino and similar pins on nucleo.

What does that mean? What type of Arduino are you using?

I know that both are broadcasting I checked it with serial monitor like RealTerm.

Broadcasting is used in but or network systems but usually not in point-to-point connections. Is that an RS-485 bus or a simple UART-type connection?

I'm missing links to the used hardware in your post, as well as the code you use for that testing!

here is the arduino zero I am using, I am trying to use the extra holes (RX, TX) next to PIN 1 and PIN2

and here is the code I am using to send

https://startingelectronics.org/articles/arduino/wemos-arduino-m0/

here is a simple loop for Nucleo board but nothing happens

while (1)
{
HAL_UART_Receive(&huart1,(uint8_t*)array, 2, 10);

}

ED201:
and here is the code I am using to send

WeMos SAMD21 Arduino M0 Quick Start Tutorial

That code doesn't seem at all ideal since it only sends once. I would use something that repeatedly sends:

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
  Serial.println("hello");
  delay(1000);
}

Please tell us how you have the two boards connected.

But what are you using arduino to arduino, it works I can send from arduino to arduino

I already tried this and everything else wwhat would come to my mind.

void setup() {
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() {
Serial.println("hello");
delay(1000);
}

and I cannot get communication nucleo arduino.

here is the arduino zero I am using, I am trying to use the extra holes (RX, TX) next to PIN 1 and PIN2

The Arduino Zero doesn't have such pins such as your clone. Check where they are connected to (using the buzzer of a multimeter) or send a link to your board's schematics as the Arduino Zero schematics cannot be used.

Provide a link to that Nucleo thing.

Please answer my question:

pert:
Please tell us how you have the two boards connected.

I have those 2 extra pins on the arduino zero, those next to 1 and 2, marked as RXD and TXD It is supposed to be serial1

and two pins on Nucleo PB7 (RX) and PB6(TX)

RXD connected to TX a TXD connected to RX

I do not think it has anything to do with PINs, I can pickup another set it is software related.

If you have any code you can share so I can test that would help. I have the serial working between two arduino.

The wiring sounds correct to me. It's fairly common for people to incorrectly make the RX-RX, TX-TX connections but it seems that's not the problem here.

I have the serial working between two arduino.

What is your question then?

pylon:
What is your question then?

are you smoking something ?

the topic says I cannot connect nucleo to arduino over serial

but I have adruino to arduino

it looks like you are totally confused instead of getting some help I have to keep explaining.

You might get a better response over at the STM32Duino forum since the problem seems to be on the receiving (Nucleo) end rather than the Arduino end.

but I have adruino to arduino

it looks like you are totally confused instead of getting some help I have to keep explaining.

As you keep writing about Arduino although you use a clone board I simply assumed that you call the STM32 board also an Arduino. So you're write, I am confused because you deliver information in small bites instead of providing all necessary information.

For example we haven't seen yet complete code for the Nucleo. The HAL must be initialized to work. And your loop doesn't react on received data so why do you expect something to happen?