Has anyone used the Arduino IDE with this kit?

MATLAB runs too slow on my computer so I would like to use the Arduino IDE instead. Has anyone tried and been successful doing this?

Hi,
To do what with what.
The IDE Serial Monitor is what you can use to do basic keyboard communications.

What do you want to do with the direct communication?

Thanks.. Tom.... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

1 Like

you ask if a kit developed by Arduino works with IDE developed by Arduino?

1 Like

Well... I thought it would automatically work (using the kit with the IDE), but when I tried running a simple servo test with the nano and the motor carrier I got a bunch of errors. I posted them here.

I know it does... or it should, but I am having difficulty.

the Arduino_BQ24195 library is not compatible with Nano 33 IoT

but you can try this

OK, I guess I will just delete that library then. Thanks

I am actually kind of confused on what I should do with the code you provided. Am I supposed to import it somehow?

Can you please tell us your electronics, programming, arduino, hardware experience?

Have you programmed an Arduino controller before?

Thanks.. Tom... :smiley: :+1: :coffee: :australia:

Yes, it would be my pleasure @TomGeorge! I have three years experience in Xcode, c++, and I have a year experience with shell scripting/command line. I just got into electronics hardware, so about 4-5 months experience. I have never programmed an Arduino from scratch... just ran example sketches. My goal is to program my Arduino Nano 33 IoT to receive signals from an ultrasonic sensor (HC-SR04) and trigger a continuous servo (Fitec - FS90R) to go approx +180º and then -180º. Eventually, I would like to take advantage of the nano's bluetooth capabilities and perform these tasks wirelessly. I just bought another nano 33 IoT to achieve this and it should be here in a couple days. If the motor carrier cannot be programmed through the Arduino IDE, then I will just find another method, but it would be a shame because it is a very beautiful piece and I want to make good use of it.

you can patch your copy of the library with the change proposed in that pull request

1 Like

Ooooo nice :+1: try it in a bit… appreciate it!

The Arduino Engineering Kit is not designed to work with Arduino IDE, only works with Matlab and Simulink as suggested in the contents. You can use the IDE to test the motors and board provided in the kit.