having a arduino understand keyboard inputs

Hi!. I am trying to make a command station for my arduino rover thing, and I was trying to have it understand keyboard inputs. I was following this page Keyboard.press() - Arduino Reference and trying to upload the code, but I keep getting the 'KEY_LEFT_GUI' was not declared in this scope error. How do I fix this? Or if you have a better way of having a arduino understand keyboard inputs. My end goal is to be able to control, via keyboard or coordinates, my arduino rover, and have a live video feed from the camera on it. Thanks!

I am trying to make a command station for my arduino rover thing, and I was trying to have it understand keyboard inputs. I was following this page Keyboard.press() - Arduino Reference and trying to upload the code, but I keep getting the 'KEY_LEFT_GUI' was not declared in this scope error. How do I fix this?

The mentioned reference page describes a method/class available only on Arduinos with USB built into the main processor (p.e. Leonardo). I guess you try to compile in on a UNO or similar which will fail.

Or if you have a better way of having a arduino understand keyboard inputs.

That method is for sending keystrokes to a connected PC.

My end goal is to be able to control, via keyboard or coordinates, my arduino rover,

And that keyboard is connected where?

I think hes trying to use a keyboard to send commands to his Arduino (rover?).. not have the Arduino act as a HID to a PC..

but I keep getting the ‘KEY_LEFT_GUI’ was not declared in this scope error. How do I fix this?

By declaring KEY_LEFT_GUI in scope in the code you didn’t post.