Having bad experience with ESP8266

Hello,

I'm working on a project which is involving an ESP8266. As it is a group project we are working in two people on the code. The first part of the program was written by my group mate, and I will have to implement the code. He has been working on another ESP, and the code works for him, meaning that it prints an IP, which gives the user the access to an interface on the browser, on the Serial Monitor.

When I've tried to upload the code using my computer, which is the exact same as my group mate (HP running Windows 10), the Serial Monitor was printing funny characters. We had the same Tools selected: Board: "LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini" Upload Speed: "115200" CPU Frequency: "80 MHz" Flash Size: "4M (1M SPIFFS)" Debug port: "Disabled" Debug level: "None" IwIP Variant: "v2 Lower Memory" VTables: "Flash" Erase Flash: "Only Sketch" Every time that the Serial Monitor was running it was giving different outputs, but always mainly specular "?". So we have tried to upload the code using my ESP and my group mate's computer, and it worked. So we tried to upload the code on his ESP using my computer, didn't work. So my computer is the problem. I looked it up on the internet and I couldn't find any working solution. At this point I have changed computer.

My old computer is a MacBook Pro from 2011. After fixing the problem of miscommunication between the USB ports and the Arduino software, when I tried to upload the code on the ESP the fatal error: runtime: bsdthread_register error (unset DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES) appeared. Looked it up online, changed the Arduino version. From Arduino 1.8.7 I've downloaded Arduino 1.6.5. When I run it now the Serial Monitor prints: 1384, room 16 tail 8 chksum 0x2d csum 0x2d vbb28d4a3 ~ld or things like this. A lot of people had the same problem apparently, but the common solution given was to put a delay in the while loop for the connection to the network. This delay is already in the code, but it still prints these characters. Changing the delay time the characters change, as well as with changing the Upload speed, the Flash Size and the baud number in the Serial Monitor. I'm running out of ideas and the deadline is getting closer.

Sorry for the length of the post, but I'm a noob in the Arduino and electrical fields. I wanted to make sure to have included the necessary information.

Cheers in advance for any possible help.

1384, room 16 tail 8 chksum 0x2d csum 0x2d vbb28d4a3 ~ld

it is normal, it is printed by the bootloader. after "ld" booloader loads your program from flash.

matches the baud rate set in Serial Monitor the baud rate in Serial.begin?

Thanks you so much. That was it.