having multiple problems as i am bad at coding

i am creating a circuit using arduino that uses a standard non arduino button to activate a program,but when the program starts,the program starts without the pressing of the button.i have to hold the button down to keep the program stopped.Please help!

i am using a non arduino button to start a program,but the program starts without the button being pushed.instead,i have to hold he button down to keep the program stopped.help!

ok nevermind ii figured that part out but i need help wiring a non arduino fire engine light to my system

also how do you keep a program downloaded on an arduino uno r3

Please post your program and your wiring diagram.

How to use the forum

...R

Also here

Another time-waster

but i need help wiring a non arduino fire engine light to my system

We may need more information. Probably a relay. (A relay is an electrically-operated electrically-isolated switch so if you can turn it on with a switch you can turn it on with a relay.)

But, the Arduino can't directly drive a relay coil so you need a relay driver circuit, or a relay board with the relay and driver, or an appropriate solid-state relay.

also how do you keep a program downloaded on an arduino uno r3

You don't have to do anything. Your program is automatically loaded into non-volatile (flash) memory. For example, if you load the Blink Example the LED will start blinking every time you power-up (or reset) the board (until you load a new program).

Show us a good schematic of your circuit.
Show us a good image of your ‘actual’ wiring.
Give links to components.
Posting images:

Use CTRL T to format your code.
Attach your ‘complete’ sketch between code tags, use the </> icon in the posting menu.
[code]Paste your sketch here[/code]

You could also try searching the forum for "Heeeeelllp" and see what others have done

A useful title usually gets you better help as many people just skip junk titles

I've merged your cross-posts @militaryfanatic322.

Cross-posting is against the rules of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the sticky "How to use this forum - please read." post you will find at the top of every forum board. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Here is my code

int i = 0;
int run;
int buttonPin;

void setup()
{
run = 0; //starts stopped
buttonPin = 7; //whatever pin your button is plugged into

pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT_PULLUP);
pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
//code you always run here; you can leave this section blank if you want the entire program to stop and start, or add code here if you want it to always run

//check button press here and if it is pressed then toggle run variable between 0 and 255; REQUIRED!
if (digitalRead(buttonPin) == LOW) //funcitons based off of button pulling input pin LOW
{
if (run == 0)
{
run = 255;
}
else
{
run = 0;
}
}

if (run > 0)
{
//code you only run if button was pressed, stops running when button pressed again, so forth…
for (i = 700; i < 800; i++) {
tone(9, i);
delay(100);
}
for (i = 800; i > 700; i–) {
tone(9, i);
delay(100);
}
}
}

still working on the schematic

And still refusing to use </> code tags.

Steve

i have my schematic in snipit but cannot upload it to the forum.a little help here?

-a guy who probably bit off more than he could chew

p.s sorry about the code tags.the reason im asking for help is because i am very new to arduino.

thanks pert,i won’t do it again. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

also here is my schematic

the button is my non arduino button and the led is supposed to be my non arduino light.

Odd, from your code, I wouldn't expect the button and the buzzer to be wired together.

i dunno,but it works! i used the code from a forum and then adapted it to my needs.i just used the button as a switch to turn it on and off.

What's an "Arduino Button"? I think we're being pranked.

it works though

the button iam using is a standard electricians button.i will post an image of it.

here are pics of my button

Snapshot_20200619.JPG

Snapshot_20200619_1.JPG