having trouble with serial

heres my code it works fine with the arduino ide but when i connect to it through my vb.net application and only the relay section works, but it doesnt respond to the hex numbers like A90 to turn on my tv

the commands that get sent are 'I' to make sure its at the menu then 'H' to start tvmode the serial read will say

Enter G got Relay mode Enter H got Tv mode Welcome to Tv mode Enter 'I' to go back to main Menu

but then when i try to send A90 or any other command wornt work exept 'I' to go back

Closed until source is complete thank you

heres my code it works fine with the arduino ide but when i connect to it through my vb.net application and only the relay section works, but it doesnt respond to the hex numbers like A90 to turn on my tv

Then, the problem is not in the Arduino code, is it? The problem must, therefore be in the code you didn't post.

the tcp server will send a string like KEY_POWER which will get translated to A90 and sent through serial port the vb.net code is

Closed until source is complete thank you

Clearly the Arduino code is expecting carriage returns and line feeds in the serial data. Just as clearly, the VB app is not sending carriage returns and line feeds in the serial data.

omg you are a genius i totally forgot about the terminator thank you so much ill do the modifications to the vb.net then get back in a minute