I am new to the programming world and am trying to program a control panel for a hay baler. The original panel that is 20-25 years old quit working and I figured I would play with creating a panel instead of paying a huge amount of money to hunt one down. The system is relatively simple with a series of mag proximity switches and hydraulic solenoid valves. I have figured out how to trigger alarms with the mag switches but I am struggling with how to create a multi step program to run the baler automatically. I am currently able to run the baler in manual using a series of switches.
The control scheme of the baler needs to follow basically the following steps:
No alarms, push momentary switch (Start Button) to start baler(energize clutch solenoid), push again to stop (denergize clutch solenoid.) If certain alarms are tripped the baler stops (deenergize clutch solenoid.)
To complete the bale wrapping and ejection (Auto Cycle) process the following steps need to be taken:
- Push second momentary (Auto Cycle) switch to trigger the process of wrapping bale - energize twine arm solenoid
- Twine arm position switch closes - deenergize twine arm solenoid
- Twine arm home switch closes - deenergize clutch solenoid, energize gate open solenoid
- Gate open switch closes - deenergize gate open solenoid, energize ejector solenoid
- Ejector out switch closes - energize gate down solenoid
- Gate down switch closes - deenergize gate down solenoid, deenergize ejector solenoid
Push Start button to continue baling.
If there is some code out there for something similar (I'm sure there is) that I could repurpose it would be awesome. Hopefully I havent bitten off more than I can chew!