HC-05 AT Command not working

I have tried everything to get my HC-05 into AT Mode, I have looked up every way from using RX and TX pins to Digital Pins, nothing is working.

I have tried blank sketch to even get into AT Mode (Holding the button) and even tried adding HIGH to Pin 9 nothing is working

//RoboIndia Code for HC-05 with AT Mode
//https://www.roboindia.com/tutorials

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial BTSerial(5, 6); // RX | TX

void setup()
{
  Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Enter AT commands:");
  BTSerial.begin(38400);       // HC-05 default speed in AT command more
}

void loop()
{
  if (BTSerial.available())    // read from HC-05 and send to Arduino Serial Monitor
  Serial.write(BTSerial.read());

if (Serial.available())     // Keep reading from Arduino Serial Monitor and send to HC-05
  BTSerial.write(Serial.read());
}

there is one of the codes I have used, everything either turns up blank in Serial Monitor OR a bunch of backwards question marks, x’s and strange Boxes.

I have switched to 38400 and using both NL and CR.

Please help, not sure where to go as I have tried everything I could find as far as trouble shooting

I have 3 pieces of HC-05. Old one (borrowed from my friend) works well and also responses to AT Commands.

The other two (Chinese clones) are anew; they work well with Bluetooth Master Terminal; but, they do not respond to AT commands.

The old one enters into AT Mode this way: press and hold the micro switch for about 2-sec; it enters into AT Mode.

For the anew two: power down; hold the micro switch; power up; release the micro switch after 2-sec. The HC-05 appears to have entered into AT Mode; but, it does not respond to AT Command.

All HC-05s work the same way but the breakout boards on which they sit can vary and quite a few tutorials don’t reflect this. Two things can happen to spoil things.

1. You are using a tutorial for a JY-MCU board but have a board with a switch
  2. You have an HC-06, not an HC-05
    Check here
    Arduino with HC-05 (ZS-040) Bluetooth module – AT MODE | Martyn Currey
    for the best and most comprehensive HC-05 config stuff

Did you figure it out?

Akeem:
Did you figure it out?

After two whole years have gone by, who are you asking?

He probably didn't, and even he did, you will likely get better, and certainly more up-to-date guidance at the abovementioned Martyn Currey site.