HC-05 Bluetooth AT commands configuration

Hello,

I'm actually working on a project and I need to send some data wirelessly to a mobile app thanks to the HC-05 bluetooth module. However I want to interface the HC-05 with a MSP430 microcontroller (texas instruments). So I need the microcontroller to send by uart some data to the HC-05 and then the HC-05 to send these data wirelessly. It's the first time I'll work with bluetooth module, so I'm a little bit lost. I have noticed in several forums and sites that we have to configure the HC-05 using AT commands. However as I said I'm using MSP430 mcu with "c" language and to configure the HC-05 we have to do it with AT commands, so this is where I'm lost because I don't how and who should send these AT commands, in order to configure features like beaudRate, setting master/salve mode, etc... I mean do I have to use the mcu IDE to send thess commands or another interface ... and it is possible to do it in C language ... ? I guess it's not something that difficult but since I've never used bluetooth modules it's quite difficult for the moment.

Any help would be appriciated.
Thank you.

Mike

This thread the mentions a utility for configuring a HC05 using a FTDI (USB to TTL converter). Very handy.

I know nothing of the MSP430. Can it be programmed with the Arduino IDE?

mikejaber:
I need to send some data wirelessly to a mobile app thanks to the HC-05 bluetooth module. However I want to interface the HC-05 with a MSP430 microcontroller (texas instruments). So I need the microcontroller to send by uart some data to the HC-05 and then the HC-05 to send these data wirelessly. It's the first time I'll work with bluetooth module, so I'm a little bit lost. I have noticed in several forums and sites that we have to configure the HC-05 using AT commands.

Probably not true. God only knows what a MSP430 is but, if it has a serial port like an Arduino, you should be able to use HC-05 straight out of the box. About the worst that can happen is that the microcontroller programme is not currently using the default 9600 baud, in which case change it so that it does.

If mikejaber is actually being paid to do this project, I would worry.

MSP430 is a microcontroller from TI, but I seriously doubt he has the microcontroller just by itself.
It is more likely on a development board http://www.ti.com/tool/MSP-EXP430G2ET