HC-05 Bluetooth Module

Hello, yesterday i bought this module from ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Serial-6-Pin-Bluetooth-RF-Transceiver-Module-HC-05-RS232-TOP-/161314776475?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258f1c259b

I want to ask if i conncet the vcc module to arduino 5v directly it will burn it?I have an Arduino Uno R3.Thanks in advance.

power input : 3.3 ~ 6.0 V. Vcc 5 V = OK

But 3.3V logic in/out

I have two HC05 running for months 24/7 without a problem. One has TX and RX connected directly to a 5V Pro Mini (no level shifter), and it is still alive... But some of these modules have resitors to limit current. I did'nt verify... AFAIK, it is not recommanded... (I also did it with a "JY-MCU" with no problem)

Might be lucky ! It is the exact same module, with the push button covered with the shrinkable. (uncover it with a knife, or you will not be able to use it)

Hello and thank you for your reply.I am newbie in electronics.You tell me that 5V is ok and it won't be burned, right? I want to make this robot http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-bot-Android-remote-control/?ALLSTEPS

It can be powered with 5V.

Logic level is 3.3V. This is printed on the module. It should be connected to 3.3V logic (inputs and outputs).

The author of this instructable does connect Rx and Tx directly to the Arduino UNO pins (5V). I do the same. This does not mean it is good to the module !

Wait for some more information.

This Bluetooth PDF document shows how to connnect 5v to 3.3v

...R

Robin2: This Bluetooth PDF document shows how to connnect 5v to 3.3v

Yes, it shows how to connect the HC-05 module but is a red herring and and does nothing to show you how to connect the module described, which is on a JY-MCU board, or the like.

The board is clearly marked vcc 3.6 - 6v, and it will run on 5v just fine.

Using a 1k/2k divider on the Rx pin converts the Arduino 5v to 3.3v. This is recommended practice but, like AppCrash, I have not done it and my HC-05 etc. have been running continuously for a couple of years. The divider is obviously a good idea, but I didn't know about it at the time.

The Tx pin is 3.3v and needs nothing. Arduino can read it OK as it is.

Nick_Pyner: but is a red herring and

I had assumed / do assume that the same method for linking a 5v output to a 3.3v input would work.

...R

Thank you all for your replies.I will follow the wiring conncection according to instructuble. http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-bot-Android-remote-control/?ALLSTEPS

I hope everything goes well.

OK. I have never yet seen an "Instructable" yet that isn't garbage, and the bluetooth wiring and the "warning 1" here is pretty indicative of that.

It is easy for me to say with my record but, now that you know about it, ignoring the advice to use a divider on Arduino's Tx would have to be pretty stupid. It will cost you about 10c.

As for "Warning 1", it just beggars belief that somebody would write that. Tx and Rx are the functions of the pins, that is what they do, and it always follows that you connect Tx>Rx and Rx>Tx, for pretty obvious reasons. That is what, not some, but everybody will tell you, except this guy.

does HC_05 module have degree based detection in master slave testing, beacause I want to analyze triangulation algorithm by interfacing between 4 master devices and a slave.

If you have a question please start by reading the How to use this Forum sticky, then following the instructions you may start your own thread, instead of trying to hijack an unrelated necrothread.

thamizh_INIYAN: does HC_05 module have degree based detection in master slave testing, beacause I want to analyze triangulation algorithm by interfacing between 4 master devices and a slave.

I think the answer to your question is "no", but you may find something more useful with a BLE device.