HC-05 bricked?

Hello,

i have buy a HC-05. It's my fourth Module. My Android Tablet found it as HC-05. The communication between PC and Android tablet was succesfull. The Baud is 9600. But i can't configure it. No answer after writing command 'AT'. The LED blinking faster after connecting with Arduino. My three other HC-05 worked normal, LED blinking slower after connecting with Arduino.

HC-05 bricked?

The pinout is: STATE (not connected) RXD (Arduino TX) TXD (Arduino RX) GND (Arduino GND) VCC (Arduino 3.3V) EN (PIN9, HIGH)

The module has a reset switch. neither works

Maybe it's default baud rate is not 9600? Is the switch a reset switch or one to put the module into command mode if the button is held in while power is applied? If you get the module into command mode then the baud rate will be 38400 and you should be able to program the default baud rate for when not in command mode using AT commands.

i think, its bricked.

Well, this is my optimized BT_Autoconfig code.

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial BTSerial(10, 11); // RX | TX

void setup() {
   pinMode(9, OUTPUT); // this pin will pull the HC-05 pin 34 (key pin) HIGH to switch module to AT mode
   digitalWrite(9, HIGH);
   Serial.begin(9600);
   Serial.println("Start ...");
   BlueToothConnectionSetup();
 }

void loop() {
    while(BTSerial.available()>0) {
        int value = BTSerial.read();
        Serial.write(value);
    }
}

void BlueToothConnectionSetup() {
    BTSerial.begin(38400);
    send_bt_command("AT"); //Test
    send_bt_command("AT+UART?"); // Inquire serial parameter
    send_bt_command("AT+NAME?"); // Inquire device´s name
    send_bt_command("AT+PSWD?"); // Inquire passkey
    send_bt_command("AT+VERSION"); //Get the soft version
    send_bt_command("AT+UART=38400,0,0"); //Set serial parameter
    send_bt_command("AT+NAME=RaspberryPi_BT"); //Set device’s name     
    send_bt_command("AT+PSWD=raspberrypi"); //Set passkey
    send_bt_command("AT+RESET"); // Set Reset
    send_bt_command("AT+UART?"); // Inquire serial parameter
    send_bt_command("AT+NAME?"); // Inquire device´s name
    send_bt_command("AT+PSWD?"); // Inquire passkey
    Serial.println("");
    Serial.println("HC-05 Configuration finished!"); //End configuration

}

void send_bt_command(char *command) {
    Serial.print("Send command : ");
    Serial.println(command);
    BTSerial.println(command);
    delay(1000);
    while (BTSerial.available()) {
      //delay(5); 
      if (BTSerial.available() >0) {
        char c = BTSerial.read(); 
        Serial.print(c);
      }
    }
 }

Maybe not. I get the impression they can withstand quite a bit of abuse. I also get the impression that the configuration problems are usually in the procedure rather than the software

The only time I have gotten an HC-05 configured was with the help of this guy

http://www.martyncurrey.com/?p=1348

and it worked first time. My board has the little button switch on it, but he has the goods for boards without a button too.

Looking at the image you posted it seems to be responding properly when in command mode. In your initial post you said the baud rate was 9600 but the config you ran has set the default baud rate to 38400.

The baud rate 38400 is correct for AT mode. The 9600 is for the serial monitor

Nick_Pyner: The baud rate 38400 is correct for AT mode. The 9600 is for the serial monitor

Yes I realize 38400 is correct for command mode but after issuing 'AT+UART=38400,0,0' in the configuration sketch the default (non command) baud rate will not be 9600.

I don't think that is relevant. The Bluetooth is in AT mode at 38400. It gets an AT command to run at 38400 when it is in comms mode. In the meantime confirmation goes to the serial monitor @ 9600.