HC-05 No COM port HELP

Hello, I really, really need help. For a school project I am working on a combination of arduino and processing. My teensy has an accelerometer connected to it. I bought an HC05 to create a bluetooth serial communication so the arduino+accelerometer can be wireless. I manage to create a bluetooth connection with the HC05 from my computer, however, normally the HC05 would create or link to a COM port. Yet, mine basically does not. I can see it is connected well, but it just does not select a port. Help please! I am using Windows 10.

Gyro_code.ino (16.7 KB)

Object.pde (10.9 KB)

There cannot be much wrong, since you have already paired with th HC-05. The connection should be made through the PC programme you are using, about which you say nothing.

Nick_Pyner:
There cannot be much wrong, since you have already paired with th HC-05. The connection should be made through the PC programme you are using, about which you say nothing.

I am afraid I dont quite understand. The arduino code I uploaded to the teensy connected to the HC05 is from this tutorial: https://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-AND-Bluetooth-HC-05-Connecting-easily/ . On every site I found regarding bluetooth serial connections they said there would be a COM port assigned to a bluetooth device, which mine does not seem to do. Also when manually adding a input or output in the advanced bluetooth settings no COM port appears. This means I can not open the serial monitor in for example Tera Term.

It's hard to see where the problem really is, but it's not an Arduino one, nor is it a bluetooth one. It is probably all at the PC end and that can vary a lot, as it may be as much down to hardware-specific software as the operating system. I don't know anything about windows 10, but since you have already paired with HC-05, I imagine you were told at that time which COM port PC assigned to HC-05 and that is the COM port you would tell your terminal to connected to.

Your picture of the device manager is unhelpful, but this may simply be because bluetooth was not actually in service at the time. The fact that there is only one port shown rather suggests this. Indeed, if you have a desktop with a bluetooth dongle in the back, now might be a good time to check that it is still there.

My Dell XP Bluetooth sniffer lists all paired blueteeth, irrespective of whether they are connected or not, and the COM port assigned is shown when I right click on the icon. This is not part of the Control Panel. Your system should have something similar. That "other devices" HC-05 icon looks likely.

Maybe you simply missed the message on pairing, and that was your last chance. If so, you might try unpairing Bluetooth and starting over.

HC-05 doesn't create anything, it just passes data.
All HC-05/PC fiddling is done at the PC end.
Arduino is not involved with HC-05/PC fiddling. All it does is provide the power.

Nick_Pyner:
It's hard to see where the problem really is, but it's not an Arduino one, nor is it a bluetooth one. It is probably all at the PC end and that can vary a lot, as it may be as much down to hardware-specific software as the operating system. I don't know anything about windows 10, but since you have already paired with HC-05, I imagine you were told at that time which COM port PC assigned to HC-05 and that is the COM port you would tell your terminal to connected to.

Your picture of the device manager is unhelpful, but this may simply be because bluetooth was not actually in service at the time. The fact that there is only one port shown rather suggests this. Indeed, if you have a desktop with a bluetooth dongle in the back, now might be a good time to check that it is still there.

My Dell XP Bluetooth sniffer lists all paired blueteeth, irrespective of whether they are connected or not, and the COM port assigned is shown when I right click on the icon. This is not part of the Control Panel. Your system should have something similar. That "other devices" HC-05 icon looks likely.

Maybe you simply missed the message on pairing, and that was your last chance. If so, you might try unpairing Bluetooth and starting over.

HC-05 doesn't create anything, it just passes data.
All HC-05/PC fiddling is done at the PC end.
Arduino is not involved with HC-05/PC fiddling. All it does is provide the power.

Nick, thanks for the response. The fact that the HC05 does not pop up in the device manager is also to me very strange. The bluetooth connection seems to be working fine, except for it specifying the port. My computer is a recently bought laptop with bluetooth functions inside, can't image there being a problem regarding hardware... Also, the unpairing pairing thing, i tried it a million times. I just do not know whether it is going to work.