HC-05 not sending data, presumably due to low voltage in 5v pin

Hi guys, hope you can help me out. I'm working on a project and I can't figure how to get my bluetooth module working.

The program is ok, since I've successfully sent serial data through USB. The problem comes when I try to do so via BT, the module starts blinking and I can pair with it, but no data can be sent or received. This only occurs when I hook all the components in my project.

However, when I unhook all the other components from the board (but for the BT module) I can successfully talk to it, hence the title of the thread. Any ideas?

Ok, how are you powering each component of your project?

josefede: However, when I unhook all the other components from the board (but for the BT module) I can successfully talk to it, hence the title of the thread. Any ideas?

Could you please elaborate on 'can successfully talk to it'?

Do you mean that blue-tooth communications is working between this particular bluetooth module and another blue-tooth device?

Power_Broker: Ok, how are you powering each component of your project?

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. It does not work when I power it through usb, and with 12v through the vin pin either. It's a Nano, btw

Southpark: Could you please elaborate on 'can successfully talk to it'?

Do you mean that blue-tooth communications is working between this particular bluetooth module and another blue-tooth device?

Yep, I use an app to send and receive serial data through BT

Please read this:- How to use this forum It tells you what sort of information you need to supply in order to have a hope of getting an accurate answer.

You know what you have we don't. It is as simple as that. So unless you are willing to tell us what you have, and that means schematic code and possible photograph, then you are just wasting everyone's time.

josefede: Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. It does not work when I power it through usb, and with 12v through the vin pin either. It's a Nano, btw

EXACTLY how do you power EACH component?

Hi, Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum. http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html . Then look down to item #7 about how to post your code. It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?

Thanks.. Tom.. :)

Hi, I hope u guys can help me. I am trying to send a data through HC05 to another HC05. I try the master- slave code and comnections.. but i can't send the code.

anjuanand, it is poor forum etiquette to hijack another member's thread. Your problem and the OP's problem are not the same. You should request that a moderator move your post to its own thread.

Read the how to use this forum-please read sticky to see the rules of the forum, some advice on how to get the most from the forum and how to properly post code. Remove useless white space and format the code with the IDE autoformat tool (crtl-t or Tools, Auto Format) before posting code. If the code is too large to post it can be attached.