HC-05 with Pro Mini 8Mhz 3.3v

Hi, my problem is that I cannot get data at a baud rate higher than 19200. I am using an Arduino Pro Mini 8Mhz 3.3v and sending the data through a HC-05 bluetooth module.
To test this I wrote a simple code that begins the bluetooth serial at some baud rate, and then I send a single message in the loop void. Then I connect the HC-05 in AT mode and program its baud rate to the same I set in the Arduino code (using, for example: "AT+UART=19200,0,0").
I get the data in my computer using pySerial in Python, when I set the baud rate to 9600 or 19200 it works, but if I set it to 38400 or 57600 I do not get any data. I think maybe I do not understand how the serial communication works in this case, for example if I have to set the same baud rate everywhere. So any explanation may be useful to me.
The nearest thing I got was when I set the baud rate to 57600 in the Arduino code when the Hc-05 was still programmed at 38400. I received a lot of strange characters (I know this happens because of different baud rates).

I am having the exact same problem, except I cannot go higher than 9600 baud.

This is also on the 3.3v/8MHz pro mini, with the HC-05. Works fine on a 5v/12mhz nano.

In addition, this wasn't mentioned in the original post - but I am also using the softSerial library, instead of the Serial library.

I did some experimentation and found that at higher baud rates, communication does seem to happen, but the output is garbled.

Thanks,
DragonJ

Since you are using software serial, I imagine you are getting exactly what you should be getting - double the grief because you are running Arduino at half the speed. The matter may be compounded by the supply voltage but, if you are running HC-05 on a bare board or a breakout specifically for the purpose, that would not be a problem.